Thursday, March 10, 2011

When I say, "I am a Christian By:by Carol Wimmer

When I say, "I am a Christianby
When I say, "I am a Christian," I'm not shouting, "I've been saved!"I'm whispering, "I get lost! That's why I chose this way"
When I say, "I am a Christian," I don't speak with human prideI'm confessing that I stumble-needing God to be my guide
When I say, "I am a Christian," I'm not trying to be strongI'm professing that I'm weak and pray for strength to carry on
When I say, "I am a Christian," I'm not bragging of successI'm admitting that I've failed and cannot ever pay the debt
When I say, "I am a Christian," I don't think I know it allI submit to my confusion asking humbly to be taught
When I say, "I am a Christian," I'm not claiming to be perfectMy flaws are far too visible but God believes I'm worth it
When I say, "I am a Christian," I still feel the sting of painI have my share of heartache which is why I seek His name
When I say, "I am a Christian," I do not wish to judgeI have no authority--I only know I'm loved
Copyright 1988 Carol WimmerPoem published by permission of author, 11/03/05God-is-real.org

Reply Forward

No comments:

Post a Comment